142 Squadron offers a pilot ground school course for cadets who wish to apply for the Glider Pilot Scholarship or Power Pilot Scholarship. It is geared towards the material required for the Flying Scholarship qualifying exam.
This class is mandatory for all cadets applying for either scholarship at 142 Mimico Squadron.
It runs Tuesdays from 1830-2130 at Fort York Armoury. (Location subject to change)
- Air Law
- Theory of Flight
- Airmanship and Radio Communications
- Engines and E6B Flight Computer (Power applicants only)
Cadets who wish to attend must bring:
- From the Ground Up (mandatory textbook) – $60
- Writing utensils
For all cadets interested in participating in the Flying Scholarship course this year:
- Ensure you are eligible to apply for the Scholarships. Only eligible candidates will be permitted in the class. For eligibility requirements, see the requirements page (link below).
- Flying Scholarship Signup
For any other questions or concerns regarding the Flying Scholarship course, please contact the Flying Scholarship Instructor.