Visit us on any Parade Night and bring all of the following:
The following originals are required:
- The cadet’s birth certificate. If born outside of Canada, a certified translation of birth certificate (if not in English) and a IMM-1000 form (Landed Immigrant) , a certificate of Canadian Citizenship or other Federal Government issued ID are required.
- The cadet’s Ontario Health Card (OHIP)
- If there is a court decree / judgment, or separation agreement in existence, the terms of which award you the custody of your son/daughter/ward, or award visiting rights or restrict access to your son/daughter/ward by another party, please provide a copy to the squadron Administration Officer.
- If there is a court decree against your son/daughter/ward , please provide a copy to the Squadron Administration Officer.
All of the above items must be returned together as a single package. If you or your parents have any questions or concern, please contact the Squadron Administration Officer.
The following forms are required: (all provided in the Enrollment package above)
- CF1158-General Application Form – To be completed and signed by both parent and cadet (do not leave anything blank) This should be printed on legal sized paper.
This now includes the Basic Health Questionnaire – To be completed and signed by parent (do not leave anything blank). If you answer “Yes” to questions 5 and 6 on this form, you will be required to fill out a DND2570 Detailed Health Questionnaire and mail it to CFB Borden. This is available as a package from the office.
This form is a fill-able PDF. You can fill it out BEFORE printing. Please print on Legal size paper, or shrink to fit on letter size.
- Annex A – Code of Conduct Form – Must be read and signed by the cadet
Cadets will receive uniforms shortly after being sworn in, usually about 6 weeks after joining, if their attendance and behaviour are acceptable.
Prior to that, all new recruits are expected to be dressed to squadron standards:
- Clean and ironed white dress shirt
- Black tie
- Black or dark blue dress pants
- Flat black dress shoes
Uniforms remain the property of the Department of National Defence, and must be returned to 142 Squadron in good condition when the cadet leaves the unit.
Hair and facial standards are expected even in a recruit uniform. See the Dress Instructions page for more details on how to ensure your appearance is up to standard.